1) Very happy with better depth on both the OL (true 2-deep) and DL.
2) All QBs need to work on throwing it quicker, but are reacting to increased pressure well.
3) Toa Lobendahn is “rusty” as a snapper. Brett Neilon and Chuma Edoga have impressed. Edoga’s focus has improved and he’s taking on his role better with an emphasis on “a play at a time. He’s just doing his job and focusing on his task (better).”
4) JT’s strong points are his “terrific arm strength and his accuracy. He doesn’t miss many throws, but we need to speed him up just a hair.”
5) With the depth USC has now, practices will be more physical. “We’re gonna play ball. That’s the biggest thing. You can go live football when you have these type of numbers as long as you are healthy. We need live reps.”
6) Ced Ware is now almost 215 pounds, up from 195 last year. He is playing with a greater sense of urgency and consistency and reminds Helton of Justin Davis and Buck Allen as seniors. Shows better “burst” and looks like he has the ability to be an every-down back that has the capability to hit home runs too.