Todd McNair’s brilliant lead attorney, Bruce Broillet, delivered the following summation to the jury as just a minuscule part of his opening statement yesterday.
Broillet described the NCAA’s adjudication of McNair as, “a botched investigation that produced a recklessly constructed record upon which a committee of the NCAA, having been inappropriately influenced in violation of its own rules, rendered a report published everywhere that defamed and misrepresented the facts based on that recklessly constructed record . . . Football is a game. Football coaches’ reputations are not.”
Other illuminating Broillet opening statement revelations about McNair:
- McNair’s life spiraled seriously downward after the NCAA defamed him.
- He started drinking heavily.
- He worked odd jobs while struggling with depression.
- He also became an Uber driver. As a USC assistant, McNair earned $250,000 yearly.
- McNair will coach high school football this upcoming season.