Sam Darnold remains No. 1 as Colin Cowherd’s designated expected choice for the Cleveland Browns’ number one pick in this year’s April 26 NFL Draft. You can count on Cowherd sticking with Darnold right up until Commissioner Roger Goodell opens the immensely popular 3-day affair. From the opening bell, it’s a live American sports extravaganza.
Cowherd’s latest top 10:
- Cleveland Browns — USC QB Sam Darnold
- New York Giants — Penn State RB Saquon Barkley
- Indianapolis Colts — North Carolina State DE Bradley Chubb
- Cleveland Browns — Alabama DB Minkah Fitzpatrick
- Denver Broncos — UCLA QB Josh Rosen — UPDATE: With 30-yr old Kase Keenum now set to move from the Vikings (who have now landed Kirk Cousins) to the Broncos tomorrow, does this mean John Elway will pass on Rosen, or does it just give Elway an insurance policy?
- New York Jets — Alabama WR Calvin Ridley
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers — Notre Dame OG Quenton Nelson
- Chicago Bears — Ohio State CB Denzel Ward
- Buffalo Bills (trade-up with SF 49ers) — Wyoming QB Josh Allen
- Oakland Raiders — UTSA DE Marcus Davenport
The 2018 NFL draft begins with first-round selections at 8 PM ET on Thu, Apr 26.
Rounds 2 and 3 (picks 33-107) are on Fri, Apr 27, at 7 PM ET. Rounds 4-7 (picks 108-253) start at noon ET, Sat, Apr 28.
This year the draft takes place at the AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas. This is the first draft to take place in an NFL stadium and the first to be held in Texas. 14 cities bid for this year’s draft and Arlington won out over Philadelphia.